Tuesday 7 January 2014

My Hitachi Laptop Hard Drive Failed

These Hitachi Travelstar Laptop hard drives have always been quite reliable in the past. The only time one broke on me was when I got up from my seat in a hurry for some reason, can’t remember why now, and knocked my laptop. The laptop fell off the table resulting in a failed hard drive. Totally my own fault. But this time my hard drive has totally and randomly just FAILED!


It started making some strange noises, which I translated to, “I’m in deep trouble mate”, “It was nice knowing you.” Now it won’t respond at all. I have tried using the Windows XP disc to try and repair the hard drive either by running chkdsk /F, chkdsk /P, fixboot, or the recovery console, but it just goes all blue screened on me once all the files have loaded. I even tried the old wives tale " Put it in the freezer trick". Still no good.

I have even tried connecting my USB to IDE connection lead to the hard drive and plugging it up to my Desktop computer but it doesn’t register..It’s well and truly dead and it’s took all my files to the grave with it..I bought it off eBay a few months ago, no wonder they accepted my low "best offer" price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ONCE THESE GO ITS GOODNIGHT VIENNA. NO GETTING ANYTHING BACK. ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS OF EVERY THING

Popular Posts