Thursday 6 August 2020

Casio W-86 / Casio W-800H Comparison

Casio W-86 / Casio W-800H side by side design and size comparison. I wrote about Casio watches not long ago, so thought I'd follow up with a quick post while they are still on my mind. This isn't a review or a "spec" list of the W800 Vs the W86, but just a size comparison. However, my opinion on the W-800 is, I don't really like it.

Casio-W-86-Casio-W-800H-Comparison
The W-800H is bigger than the W86 in every way. Larger screen, thicker (see the picture below), and has bigger buttons.

There's just something about the W800. It's too digital, if you know what I mean. Numbers everywhere. The screen is too reflective, and the actual read out (the time, date etc) is overly large for what I prefer. Regardless of my opinion on this watch, other people love it.


Casio-W-86-Casio-W-800H-Backs-Casing

And to be fair, it does provide a lot of features for the cheap price. 100 meters water resistance, alarm, stopwatch, and it has a 10-year battery life. It also has an Illuminator light, but its certainly not as good as the Illuminator other models have, such as the W-86 (One of the best) and F105.


casio-side-by-side-width-comparison
Casio W-800H (left) Vs Casio W-86 (right)

It's still decent, though, and much better than the poor micro light seen in the F91W. There's also a mod that can be applied to the W800H that gives it the ability to be used as a countdown timer. Lots of instructional articles and videos on how to do this online. These can be found on YouTube, Reddit etc.


No comments:

Popular Posts